Please measure the length of your finger
Small = 6cm
Medium = 7cm
Large = 8cm
- Are you having trouble straightening the end of your finger? This normally happens because the tendon connecting the muscle to the bone has become stretched and torn.
- Keeping your finger immobilised day and night, you should make a full recovery in 6 to 12 weeks.
- The outer case is made of strong but flexible aluminium. It can be shaped to the exact shape of your finger.
- The inside is covered with soft foam making it comfortable to wear all day long.
- Keeping your finger safe and secure will speed up its healing time. *Remember* - The quicker you splint your finger the faster it will recover!
It is a minor injury that can be caused by catching your finger in clothing or bedding. It’s also a very common injury for people playing sports where the ball or other object can impact the end of their finger.
We’re also seeing more cases of people suffering with this condition because of their tablets/ smart phones. The constant impact of the finger on the hard screens can cause the tendon to weaken. In some cases a cut, fracture or break on the upper finger could be the cause. In all cases the finger will become swollen.
Luckily mallet finger is very easy to treat, just rest your finger for between 6 – 12 weeks and the tendon should make a full recovery.
The problem is… it’s very hard to completely rest your finger for this length of time. Even the smallest knock, bump or scrap can set your recovery back.
So it’s common practice to split fingers to stop them from moving. The splints should be worn day and night until the torn ends of the tendon have healed.
The NeoPhysio Mallet finger splint has been specifically designed to immobilize the end of your finger while still being comfortable enough to wear day and night for prolonged periods of time.
The outer case is made of strong but flexible aluminium. It can be shaped to the exact shape of your finger.
The inside is covered with soft foam making it comfortable to wear all day long.
Keeping your finger safe and secure will speed up its healing time.
- 11.00 (cm)
- 16.00 (cm)
- 0.50 (cm)